Join our growing team in Dubai, UAE. We are looking for a talented Accounting Executive. If you have 3 – 5 years of relevant experience, possess strong analytical and time management skills; adopt a proactive approach, are good at multi-tasking, and are looking for a rewarding career with a global logistics company, send your updated CV to us before 25 March 2021.
Reporting to: Finance Manager.
- Perform day-to-day book-keeping functions, including but not limited to preparation of vouchers & receipts, handling petty cash and bank account reconciliation.
- Create and post service & purchase orders in the accounting system.
- Validate job files for completeness and correctness of revenue and costs.
- Confirm sales-invoicing, including storage calculations and cost-posting, in coordination with customerservices department.
- Verify vendor invoices against proof of delivery of services/ supplies.
- Coordinate with the operations team for submission of time-sheets, usage of packing material, service-records etc.
- Administer accounts-payables as well as accountsreceivables and accruals.
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparation of monthly financial reports and analyses.
- Support periodic audit requirements.
- Assist in vendor and customer due diligence/ KYC process.
- Maintain a system for filing and archiving documents.
- Update leave-tracker, renewals register as well as the record of employee and contractor working hours.
- Provide the necessary administrative & audit support in relation to the company’s Quality Management System (ISO) and SafeAccess – Health, Safety, Security.
- Environment & Community (HSSEC) programme, following a risk-based approach and the principals of continual improvement.
- Uphold the Company’s policies and procedures with respect to accounting & finance, compliance, code of conduct, IT etc.
- Procure, maintain and replenish the stock of office supplies.
- Perform additional tasks that may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Potential candidates should possess the following attributes:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Finance/Business Administration.
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar role/function.
- Sound knowledge of accounting & finance fundamentals and principles.
- Functional experience in an accounting software.
- Good working knowledge of MS-Excel (Pivot, VLOOKUP and conditional formulae), as well as other MS-Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in a multi-currency accounting system and UAE VAT filing.
- Logistics industry experience.
- UAE Driving License.
Skills & Traits:
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Team player, with a proactive approach, ability to work independently.
Short-listed aspirants will be contacted before the end of March 2021.