Access World (100% subsidiary of Glencore PLC) is a global commodities warehousing and logistics business. Access World has its Head Office in Zug, Switzerland and operates in various regions across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific, each with their own corporate functions including commercial, finance, legal, and operations. The Regional Head Office for the Asia Pacific business is in Singapore and is responsible for China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
We are currently seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to the role of Manager, Commercial. Reporting to the Regional General Manager based in Shanghai and Manager, Freight & Project Forwarding – APAC in Singapore, the individual will have the relevant skill sets, capable of establishing and developing vendor relationships in China, including transporters/brokers and port operators etc.
Duties will include but not limiting to:
- Actively participate as a member of AW China and Africa team and work closely with Manager, Freight & Project Forwarding – APAC
- Establish and develop vendor relationships in China such as with nonstandard transporters, breakbulk vessel brokers/operators, Tier 1 and Tier 2 carrier agents and freight forwarders in key port cities such as Shanghai, Qingdao, Tianjin, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Nansha, Dalian etc.
- Procurements of project cargo and ocean freight rates locally and internationally
- Hunt for new export/import freight and project business focusing on China/Africa and China/South East Asia whether locally or abroad
- Communicate and work with all overseas Access World branches on Freight & Project leads to and from China
- Develop new markets outside of the current project, mining, metals and mineral markets such as renewable energy
- Address internal and external operational issues, liaise and coordinate with vendors (ports operators, transporters etc.) and internal clients
- Manage relationship with Chinese Freight & Project clients locally and internationally
- Monthly commercial activity reporting in form of current sales pipeline
Potential candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Minimum a college degree from an internationally recognized university
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in a Freight Forwarding or NVOCC environment, with a minimum of 2 years in management capacity
- Excellent commercial and entrepreneurial flair is critical to the success of this role
- Strong builder of relationships with interest parties
- Good knowledge of the shipping and logistics management industries
- Good leadership and influencing skills with a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional and multicultural teams
- Strong character, initiative, creative, innovative and analytical skills
- Meticulous, responsible and positive working attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure and fast paced working environment
- Ability to travel (on short notice) regularly locally and internationally
- Available after office hours to communicate with colleagues working in different time zones.
- Good written and spoken English and Mandarin (to liaise with Mandarin speaking counterparts)
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com